Remembered thoughtfully by Michael Harloe, an obituary for our dear colleague Chris Pickvance is can be found in full here.
We have also made all of Chris’ contributions to IJURR free to view:
- Marxist Approaches to the Study of Urban Politics (1977)
- Comparative Urban Analysis and Assumptions about Causality (1986)
- Introduction: Land and Housing Development in Middle Eastern and North African Cities (1988)
- Is the Emperor Naked? A Debate on the Adequacy of Sociological Theory in Urban and Regional Research (1991)
- Housing Privatization and Housing Protest in the Transition from State Socialism: A Comparative Study of Budapest and Moscow (1994)
- From Urban Social Movements to Urban Movements: A Review and Introduction to Symposium on Urban Movements (2003)